WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
The Department of Education, Skills Development, Youth and Sports seek to provide, promote and coordinate quality education and training to maximize full potential of the youths and sports persons through participatory engagement that serves their needs and aspirations in building Marsabit County. We also seek to improve the quality of education and facilitate establishment of village polytechnics, ECDE (Early Childhood Development Education) centers, youth empowerment centers and stadia.
We seeks to achieve these by formulating, mainstreaming and implementing responsive policies through coordinated strategies for sustained and balanced socio-cultural and economic development of the County as well as empowerment of youth, teachers, sportsmen and women. These will provide the residents of Marsabit County with equal opportunities to a high quality education through world-class learning facilities and renowned learning institutions.
To be the leader in the provision of quality education, vocational training, youth and sports programs in the country.
To transform lives through quality education, vocational training, youth development and sports.
OUR CORE VALUES
We will be guided by these core values in our pursuit for excellence:
- The customer is always right
- Value and respect our customers
- Courtesy to all customers who come for services
- Pursuit of excellence in service delivery
- Impartiality in service delivery
- Loyalty to the Government
- Respect for Rule of Law
- Proper use of official information
- Diligence to duty
- Serve with utmost diligence upholding ethical standards and the Constitution of Kenya and zero tolerance to corruption.
We commit ourselves with the help of our clients and stakeholders to design on the basis of the above stated values high quality service delivery standards for our clients and other stakeholders.
OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
In collaboration with you as partners, we strive at having the educational rights of children and Youth realized. We are firmly convinced that together we can work towards maximizing full potential of the youths and sports person and offer quality education to our learners. The department guarantees the provision of efficient, effective, and ethical services to all its clients. You can expect the following from us:
Customer Service Orientation
- Always considering the learners’/client needs as a priority
- Offering continuous training to teachers/school counselors/sports officers charged with the education, sports and psycho-social services of learners for quality outcome.
- Conducting continuous educative/informative/awareness campaigns to communities/parents and stakeholders.
- Offering non-discriminating services to those in need and where possible.
- Have empathy for the plight of others, i.e. parents/families of children with disabilities, learners, youth and educators in the field
- Respect and welcome different views, be supportive, collaborative and caring in our relationships with our clients
- Always to strive for optimal performance in our services delivery
- Recognize and maximize the potential of our learners
- Continuously assess and ameliorate our services to meet demands of the time
- Identify ourselves when we speak to you;
- Be clear, concise and helpful in our interactions;
- Treat you with respect and courtesy;
- Maintain confidentiality when required to do so;
- Refer enquiries we cannot answer to an appropriate agency/authority, department, office;
- Maintain a user friendly and frequently updated website;
- Deal with your enquiries and complaints immediately
- Answer telephone calls before end of three (3) ring tones
- On general enquiries, letters are acknowledged and responded to within (7) days.
- We respond to emails within 24 hours of receipt during working days.
- We will reply to memos or issues raised in the file between 2 to 5 days
- We provide well –researched and accurate reports on educational, sports & youth issues.
- We acknowledge receipt of proposals for support within 14 days and process the same within (3) months. All criteria must be met before support is granted.
- Reply to your letters, faxes and emails within two working days and on more complex issues, our initial reply will give you an estimate of the time a full response will take, and the cost, if any;
- We will pay service providers and other customers within 20 working days upon submission of accurate invoices and any other supporting documents in line with the official procurement regulations
- We will enable Youth groups to attend relevant trainings each year depending on the agreed training plan
- We provide tourism information services on monthly basis
- Every year, recognize and support Youth Forums and initiatives
- We will educate clients about policies, laws, regulations of the Department of Education, Skills Development, Youth and Sports depending on their needs